Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall storm on the Oregon Coast

Too Big for me.
Pete wanted to do a little short notice surfing inside Sunset Bay. The weather forecast was for small craft advisory. I had an open canoe on the roof of my car and tossed a wet suit in the car with my regular kit. I checked out the wave issue on the coast for myself and decided an open canoe was not safe to play in. Pete on the other hand had his kayak and helmet with a number of years more surfing experience than me.

This is a view of Shore Acres State Park. You can see the people standing on the far left. It gives a good idea of the scale of these huge waves.



The view after the wave.


This is a great spot as the waves explode when the air gets trapped against the tilted rocks.



This was not a place for any boat.







Behind these rocks is Sunset Bay. It is protected by some rocks and the island with the dead trees on it.



Inside the bay the waves were confused. Multiple breaks were all over the bay and moved frequently.















Even if it was too big for my open canoe it was a great day to enjoy a fall storm on the Oregon coast.






__________________
Dr. Joe
Electric Hospital
Coos Bay Or
http://electrichospital.com
Edit/Delete Message

1 comment: